• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Diplomatic Info
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Nigeria
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Cover Story
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • Ghana
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Cabo Verde
    • Burkina Faso
    • Benin
  • Advertise
    • mail
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Nigeria
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Cover Story
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • Ghana
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Cabo Verde
    • Burkina Faso
    • Benin
  • Advertise
    • mail
No Result
View All Result
Diplomatic Info
No Result
View All Result
Home ECOWAS Nigeria

UGM attacked, set INEC headquarters ablaze: Police

by Diplomatic Info
May 17, 2021
in Nigeria, Security
0
UGM attacked, set INEC headquarters ablaze: Police
0
SHARES
16
VIEWS
Facebook ShareShare on WhatsAppTweet it!

The police chief stated that security forces prevented the gunmen from burning down the facility on Sunday night.

The Commissioner of Police in Enugu, Mohammed Aliyu, says unknown gunmen attacked and set ablaze the Independent National Electoral Commission’s headquarters in the state.

The police chief stated that security forces prevented the gunmen from burning down the facility on Sunday night.

Mr Aliyu also announced that he had directed that the facility be cordoned off to investigate the incident properly.

The police spokesman in Enugu, Daniel Ndukwe, disclosed this in a statement on Monday.

The fire broke out at the INEC headquarters in Enugu, located at 1 Achi Street, Independent Layout, Enugu, on Sunday evening (May 16).

The commissioner, who raced to the scene alongside heads of other security agencies in the state, also ordered the deployment of security men within the precincts of the INEC office complex.

He said, “Yet-to-be-identified armed miscreants on Sunday, May 16, at about 8:30 p.m., attempted to set the Enugu Headquarters of the INEC ablaze.

“But were stiffly resisted by joint security operatives, who swiftly mobilised to the scene.

“The Enugu State Fire Service personnel that promptly responded to calls helped in quenching the fire, which had already set on five vehicles and two cushions within the office complex.”

The commissioner, however, urged law-abiding residents of the state to remain vigilant and promptly volunteer helpful information that would help the police in the investigation.

Meanwhile, INEC officials in the state have yet to respond to inquiries over the incident. The Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), his deputies, and a spokesman did not reply to telephone calls.

On May 13, at about 9.40 p.m., a fire broke at the INEC area office in the Orba community in Udenu local government area.

(NAN)

Diplomatic Info

Diplomatic Info

Next Post
Nigerians to contest New York mayoral election

Nigerians to contest New York mayoral election

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

2022 World Cup marred by racist comments, hate speech

2022 World Cup marred by racist comments, hate speech

3 years ago
Kano activist chickens out of protest after SSS grilling

Kano activist chickens out of protest after SSS grilling

4 years ago

Popular News

  • Israeli president says situation ‘very serious’ amid judicial overhaul debate

    Israeli president says situation ‘very serious’ amid judicial overhaul debate

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Buhari arrives Washington for U.S.-Africa leaders summit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Angola has deployed troops in DR Congo to fight M23 rebels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kenyans hold candlelit vigil in solidarity with Palestine amid deuterating situation in Gaza Strip

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • I snubbed governors Tinubu sent to beg me after election; I’ll not stop fighting until Supreme Court rules: Atiku Abubakar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us on Facebook

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Enter your email now to join our community of readers, and get new contents straight to your inbox

We promise to not spam you

Thanks for joining in.

Category

  • Africa
  • Benin
  • Burkina Faso
  • Business
  • Cote D'Ivoire
  • Cover Story
  • Diplomacy
  • ECOWAS
  • Education
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Ghana
  • Guinea
  • Guinea Bissau
  • International
  • Liberia
  • Mali
  • News
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Politics
  • Programs
  • Security
  • Senegal
  • Sierra Leone
  • The Gambia
  • Togo
  • Uncategorized

Quick Links

  • About
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise

About Us

Providing strategic insights into important social, cultural, political, and economic factors that significantly influence business and nations, Diplomatic Info will examine these critical issues and provide strategies that create competitive advantages.

© 2023 Diplomatic Info - Built with Love by Creovantage.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • News
  • Cover Story
  • Africa
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Ghana
    • Cabo Verde
    • Benin
    • Burkina Faso
  • International
  • Contact

© 2023 Diplomatic Info - Built with Love by Creovantage.