• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Diplomatic Info
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Nigeria
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Cover Story
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • Ghana
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Cabo Verde
    • Burkina Faso
    • Benin
  • Advertise
    • mail
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Nigeria
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Cover Story
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • Ghana
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Cabo Verde
    • Burkina Faso
    • Benin
  • Advertise
    • mail
No Result
View All Result
Diplomatic Info
No Result
View All Result
Home ECOWAS Nigeria

Abakaliki: Mother, four children on trial for demolishing widow’s house

by Diplomatic Info
April 19, 2025
in Nigeria
0
Catholic Faithful Protest Suspension Of Rev. Father In Ebonyi
0
SHARES
11
VIEWS
Facebook ShareShare on WhatsAppTweet it!

A 69-year-old woman, Roseline Uchenna, along with her four children, is facing trial at the Family Law Centre in Abakaliki for allegedly demolishing the home of a widow, Maria Nwali.

During the proceedings on Thursday, the chairperson of the centre, Elizabeth Nwali, ordered that the demolished house be rebuilt immediately.

After hearing from all parties involved, the chairperson held Roseline and her four children (Samuel, Chinasa, Uzoamaka, and Chukwu Uchenna) responsible for taking the law into their own hands.

She also directed that Ms Nwali, who was ostracised, be reinstated to her matrimonial home.

In addition, the chairperson summoned the village elders to appear before the centre for a final resolution and adjourned the case until May 7.

Ms Nwali had told the centre that she was legally married before her husband, Otta Nwali, died. She had no child for the deceased. Afterwards, she said a misunderstanding involving a relative, Chinyere, and Ms Uchenna escalated, resulting in her being assaulted and forcibly evicted from her home.

“My oppressors are the wife and children of my late husband’s younger brother. We had all been living in the same compound before our husbands passed away,” said Ms Nwali.

She added, “I was away when a disagreement broke out between my namesake, who lives with me and Roseline. Instead of resolving the matter wisely, Roseline called her children, and, with the help of some village youths, they attacked me.

“Some of my belongings—including cash, containers of palm oil, tubers of yam, and other items, were taken.”

Ms Nwali appealed to the centre to compel the accused to compensate her for the damages and losses.

In her defence, Ms Uchenna admitted that the house was demolished by her children but accused Ms Nwali of harbouring someone who was not a family member and had been causing problems.

She said she had previously advised Ms Nwali to send the lady away to maintain peace in the household.

While addressing the matter, the chairperson also rebuked Ms Nwali for her inability to control Ms Chinyere and reiterated her directive for the village elders to be present at the next hearing for a final resolution.

(NAN)

Diplomatic Info

Diplomatic Info

Next Post
Police extradite fugitive “killerboi” from Qatar over murder of Lead City student

Police extradite fugitive “killerboi” from Qatar over murder of Lead City student

Recommended

Nigerian government declares 156 people missing, four dead

Nigerian government declares 156 people missing, four dead

4 years ago
WHO raises alarm over medical waste from COVID-19 response

One in six people infertile worldwide, WHO says

2 years ago

Popular News

  • Buhari arrives Washington for U.S.-Africa leaders summit

    Buhari arrives Washington for U.S.-Africa leaders summit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Israeli president says situation ‘very serious’ amid judicial overhaul debate

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • After two years of SEC denial, Oando can finally hold AGM

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Angola has deployed troops in DR Congo to fight M23 rebels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • I snubbed governors Tinubu sent to beg me after election; I’ll not stop fighting until Supreme Court rules: Atiku Abubakar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us on Facebook

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Enter your email now to join our community of readers, and get new contents straight to your inbox

We promise to not spam you

Thanks for joining in.

Category

  • Africa
  • Benin
  • Burkina Faso
  • Business
  • Cote D'Ivoire
  • Cover Story
  • Diplomacy
  • ECOWAS
  • Education
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Ghana
  • Guinea
  • Guinea Bissau
  • International
  • Liberia
  • Mali
  • News
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Politics
  • Programs
  • Security
  • Senegal
  • Sierra Leone
  • The Gambia
  • Togo
  • Uncategorized

Quick Links

  • About
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise

About Us

Providing strategic insights into important social, cultural, political, and economic factors that significantly influence business and nations, Diplomatic Info will examine these critical issues and provide strategies that create competitive advantages.

© 2023 Diplomatic Info - Built with Love by Creovantage.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • News
  • Cover Story
  • Africa
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Ghana
    • Cabo Verde
    • Benin
    • Burkina Faso
  • International
  • Contact

© 2023 Diplomatic Info - Built with Love by Creovantage.