• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Diplomatic Info
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Nigeria
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Cover Story
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • Ghana
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Cabo Verde
    • Burkina Faso
    • Benin
  • Advertise
    • mail
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Nigeria
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Cover Story
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • Ghana
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Cabo Verde
    • Burkina Faso
    • Benin
  • Advertise
    • mail
No Result
View All Result
Diplomatic Info
No Result
View All Result
Home Africa

Authorities declare measles epidemic in DR Congo’s Maniema

by Diplomatic Info
November 13, 2021
in Africa
0
Authorities declare measles epidemic in DR Congo’s Maniema
0
SHARES
9
VIEWS
Facebook ShareShare on WhatsAppTweet it!

More than 450 cases have so far been reported, says provincial official

KIGALI, Rwanda

Governor of eastern Maniema province in the Democratic Republic of Congo on Friday declared a measles epidemic in his province.

Affani Idrissa Mangala told reporters that more than 450 cases have so far been reported since the beginning of 2021.

The declaration followed confirmation of the samples sent to the National Institute of Biomedical Research (INRB) in the country.

“Since the tenth week of 2021, Kunda Health Zone in Kasongo territory has already reported 458 cases and 17 deaths from measles. After analysis, carried out by the INRB on samples taken from the health area of Bikenge during the 42nd week, the epidemic was confirmed,” he said.

“In view of the above, we declare the measles outbreak in Maniema province and seek the support of the central government, development and humanitarian partners to effectively combat this outbreak,” he added.

He called on the residents to be vigilant and to consult the nearest health centers in case of fever, generalized rash, conjunctivitis, cough and cold.

The epidemic reappears amid ongoing strike by nurses in public health facilities.

In 2020, more than 22 million infants missed their first dose of measles vaccine – 3 million more than in 2019, marking the most significant increase in two decades, said the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in a report Wednesday.

Compared with the previous year, reported measles cases decreased by more than 80% in 2020, according to the report.

Adding to the worsening of global immunity gaps, 24 measles vaccination campaigns in 23 countries, initially planned for 2020, were postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

That left more than 93 million people at risk for the disease.

Diplomatic Info

Diplomatic Info

Next Post
Ethiopians joining army out of free will as they see enormous threat to nation: Diplomat

Ethiopians joining army out of free will as they see enormous threat to nation: Diplomat

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Finland suspends Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for men

Finland suspends Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for men

4 years ago
Explosion heard in Sudan’s capital, clouds of smoke seen

Sudan’s rivals trade accusations over attack on Turkish convoy

2 years ago

Popular News

  • Israeli president says situation ‘very serious’ amid judicial overhaul debate

    Israeli president says situation ‘very serious’ amid judicial overhaul debate

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Buhari arrives Washington for U.S.-Africa leaders summit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kenyans hold candlelit vigil in solidarity with Palestine amid deuterating situation in Gaza Strip

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Angola has deployed troops in DR Congo to fight M23 rebels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • After two years of SEC denial, Oando can finally hold AGM

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us on Facebook

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Enter your email now to join our community of readers, and get new contents straight to your inbox

We promise to not spam you

Thanks for joining in.

Category

  • Africa
  • Benin
  • Burkina Faso
  • Business
  • Cote D'Ivoire
  • Cover Story
  • Diplomacy
  • ECOWAS
  • Education
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Ghana
  • Guinea
  • Guinea Bissau
  • International
  • Liberia
  • Mali
  • News
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Politics
  • Programs
  • Security
  • Senegal
  • Sierra Leone
  • The Gambia
  • Togo
  • Uncategorized

Quick Links

  • About
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise

About Us

Providing strategic insights into important social, cultural, political, and economic factors that significantly influence business and nations, Diplomatic Info will examine these critical issues and provide strategies that create competitive advantages.

© 2023 Diplomatic Info - Built with Love by Creovantage.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • News
  • Cover Story
  • Africa
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Ghana
    • Cabo Verde
    • Benin
    • Burkina Faso
  • International
  • Contact

© 2023 Diplomatic Info - Built with Love by Creovantage.