• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Diplomatic Info
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Nigeria
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Cover Story
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • Ghana
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Cabo Verde
    • Burkina Faso
    • Benin
  • Advertise
    • mail
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Nigeria
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Cover Story
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • Ghana
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Cabo Verde
    • Burkina Faso
    • Benin
  • Advertise
    • mail
No Result
View All Result
Diplomatic Info
No Result
View All Result
Home International

Donald Trump invokes Fifth Amendment to sidestep New York investigation

by Diplomatic Info
August 11, 2022
in International
0
Donald Trump invokes Fifth Amendment to sidestep New York investigation
0
SHARES
28
VIEWS
Facebook ShareShare on WhatsAppTweet it!

Mr Trump said the attack was aimed at preventing him from running for president again in 2024, accusing Democrats of abuse of the justice system.

Former United States President Donald Trump has invoked the Fifth Amendment and abstained from answering questions under oath in the civil investigation into his business dealings carried out by the Attorney General of New York, Letitia James.

Mr Trump arrived at Ms James’ offices on Wednesday morning, but sent out a statement saying he had “declined to answer the questions under the rights and privileges afforded to every citizen under the United States Constitution”.

“I have absolutely no choice because the current Administration and many prosecutors in this Country have lost all moral and ethical bounds of decency.” Mr Trump said. “Under the advice of my counsel and for all of the above reasons, I declined to answer the questions under the rights and privileges afforded to every citizen under the United States Constitution.”

Mr Trump’s testimony comes a few days after FBI agents raided his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida as part of an unrelated federal probe into whether he took classified records when he left the White House.

The three Mr Trumps’ testimony had initially been slated for last month but was delayed after the July 14 death of the former president’s ex-wife, Ivana Trump, the mother of Ivanka, Donald Jr., and Eric Trump. 

Mr Trump said the attack was aimed at preventing him from running for president again in 2024, accusing Democrats of abuse of the justice system in a manner similar to Third World countries.

Ms James has been conducting a civil investigation into whether the Trump Organisation inflated its real estate values. Mr Trump and two of his adult children, Donald Trump Jr and Ivanka Trump, agreed to testify in the investigation starting on 15 July.

Diplomatic Info

Diplomatic Info

Next Post
Twelve grain ships authorised to depart Ukraine’s ports

Twelve grain ships authorised to depart Ukraine’s ports

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Police recover locally made IEDs from suspected IPOB members

Police recover locally made IEDs from suspected IPOB members

4 years ago
Suspected killers of ex-CBN staff, wife, son arrested in Ogun

Police nab three suspected armed robbers in Lagos

1 year ago

Popular News

  • Israeli president says situation ‘very serious’ amid judicial overhaul debate

    Israeli president says situation ‘very serious’ amid judicial overhaul debate

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Buhari arrives Washington for U.S.-Africa leaders summit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kenyans hold candlelit vigil in solidarity with Palestine amid deuterating situation in Gaza Strip

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • After two years of SEC denial, Oando can finally hold AGM

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Angola has deployed troops in DR Congo to fight M23 rebels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us on Facebook

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Enter your email now to join our community of readers, and get new contents straight to your inbox

We promise to not spam you

Thanks for joining in.

Category

  • Africa
  • Benin
  • Burkina Faso
  • Business
  • Cote D'Ivoire
  • Cover Story
  • Diplomacy
  • ECOWAS
  • Education
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Ghana
  • Guinea
  • Guinea Bissau
  • International
  • Liberia
  • Mali
  • News
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Politics
  • Programs
  • Security
  • Senegal
  • Sierra Leone
  • The Gambia
  • Togo
  • Uncategorized

Quick Links

  • About
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise

About Us

Providing strategic insights into important social, cultural, political, and economic factors that significantly influence business and nations, Diplomatic Info will examine these critical issues and provide strategies that create competitive advantages.

© 2023 Diplomatic Info - Built with Love by Creovantage.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Diplomacy
  • Embassy News and Info
  • Events
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Security
  • News
  • Cover Story
  • Africa
  • ECOWAS
    • Togo
    • Sierra Leone
    • Senegal
    • Nigeria
    • Niger
    • Mali
    • Liberia
    • Guinea Bissau
    • Guinea
    • The Gambia
    • Cote D’Ivoire
    • Ghana
    • Cabo Verde
    • Benin
    • Burkina Faso
  • International
  • Contact

© 2023 Diplomatic Info - Built with Love by Creovantage.