Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s administration has condemned renewed attacks on the Zangon Kataf council area that killed several inhabitants.
Deputy Governor Hadiza Sabuwa Balarabe condemned the killings in the “strongest terms” when she visited the Agwatyp, Dominic Yahaya, in his palace.
Ms Balarabe also conveyed the condolences of the Kaduna government to the people of the area.
”The Kaduna state government has been working with the military and other security agencies on the unfortunate situation,” she said.
She directed the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to assess and assist the victims immediately.
Mr Yahaya thanked the deputy governor and the Kaduna government for the visit. He expressed sadness over the violent attacks, which he described as shocking, after a period of relative peace amidst many spirited efforts by well-meaning individuals to promote peaceful coexistence among all people living in the chiefdom.
The administrator of the Kafanchan Municipal Authority, Pheobe Yayi and the chairman of the Zangon Kataf council, Francis Sani, accompanied the deputy governor on the visit.
Police confirmed the fresh attack on Zango Kataf on March 11.
Mohammed Jalige, the spokesman for the police in Kaduna, revealed that the attack occurred at 8:40 p.m. in Ungwan Wakili.
“I can confirm that there was an attack and people were killed, but we are yet to ascertain the exact number of those killed,” said the police officer. “Before the attacks, the police had been managing the security situation in the area following the killing of a herder in the bush four days ago.”
Leave a Reply